Chapter 3, 9 Y 10

 Chapter 3, 9 y 10

By: Geraldine Lopez


Well, this hasn't been the first time I used PowerPoint or done a group assignment itself. Since my middle school elective was technology. Where we had to learn how to use Microsoft Office software. There I learn all about PowerPoint, and I even got a certificate for passing the test of it. So basically, I know how to use PowerPoint, have a basic understanding of Word, and am awful at Excel. Hey, but at least it's something, who knew that I would use this software again in the future? And for that first group assignment, I was a part of let's just say it didn't turn out the way we wanted. Since it was an Art middle school class animation project, we were lacking a basic understanding of what one goes through to make a proficient animation. We ended up aborting our ideas in the end because it was too much, and we were near the deadline. So, as you can see that was my experience and now, I'm hoping things don't go sideways like in the past.  


Anyway, we didn't come here to talk about my understanding of the software or my experiences in the past. But about the circumstances and conditions that I am in now. What I and my group went through, and how we manage to succeed despite our differences in this PowerPoint presentation project. 


Well for starters we are all absolute strangers to one another. We don't know each other, we may have different tendencies, and our workflow may be different but despite all that I know for a fact everyone is trying to accomplish the same goal. We all needed to take part in finishing this presentation with standards and effort to stay afloat. Funny how these situations push you to socialize with people. I mean it can sometimes be awkward when you don't know what to say or are trying to get a hang of doing things in a group way. Like I don't know what to say LOL, how do I go about it to convey my ideas? That is something I had to learn through this process of this project. 

 


But in a way, it's sort of comforting...

We are bouncing ideas off of one another, helping each other improve the aesthetic and information present in the presentation.


It's nice not having to worry about me not being able to accomplish an assignment on time because I was overdoing it with details. Kinda like that failed Art animation group project. We wasted time on the details instead of worrying about the bigger picture which was the animation itself. 😅


Hehe, I'm at fault for that- I tend to overdo things for the better or worse. But because I'm in a group it makes me not want to allow such things to happen since I don't want to be that person that's holding everyone down. I want to be that person that supports the group, and helps it improve-not the one who overturns it. I just hope that in the end, my actions reflect the type of person I want to be in the group. 





When it was time to present our finished work, we were all nervous. With those what-ifs coming into mind. I just like everybody was worried about something going wrong, like if I fumble my words in the presentation. Because after all, our group was the 1st one presenting. Will there be an impending doom? Nobody knows until once it happens. Tune in to find out if Group 1 succeeds or fails? What will their fates be? Will soon see. Haha, nervous laughter...



 Well, In the end, it didn't even matter how nervous we were, or how sweaty we felt, in the end, none of that mattered. Because we did it! Yay! Lo, hicimos! Yay! We did it! Us Group 1 was surprised that we exceeded Mrs. Sherri's expectations. And she was happy with the effort we put in. I guess this wasn't an impending doom, thank goodness. So, we as Group 1 passed, and we got good grades. 

And we all lived...



 Happily, ever after the end

Basically, me celebrating 🠉

 





Comments

  1. I like your 'Hug Me I'm Scared' photo reference hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how honesty you were.. giving us a bit of your younger life it was pleasant. keep it up! I love your times up gif *AWESOME*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 3, 9 & 10

Chapters 3, 9, &10

Chapters 3, 9, and , 10 Sarah Moya